Monday 24 March 2014

Day 6

It's been nearly a week and I'm now really tired. Physically tired in a good way, that is. Maybe my body is trying to heal and repair itself and therefore I don't have as much energy as I should. Hopefully that will soon pass. There's still pain in my liver but I suppose that's to be expected. Might take a few weeks before that dissipates. All in all I feel quite good. I'm wary of getting on the pink fluffy cloud like I did last time. The fall only hurts more... But I will allow myself to feel carefully optimistic and enjoy my hangover free days!

Another thing that feels different this time around is that I'm not absolutely terrified of alcohol. Last time I was very wary of getting it on my hands at work and I certainly didn't appreciate my then BF drinking. Now I don't really care. It's as if I realise that this is my battle and mine alone. It's got nothing to do with work or what people around me do, and I won't get a hangover or liver disease from spilled beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment